What are the six core processes for software systems development?
The following are the six core processes for software system development:
- Identify the problem or need and obtain approval
- Plan and monitor the project
- Discover and understand the details of the problem or need
- Design the system components that solve the problem
- Build, test, and integrate system components
- Complete system tests and then deploy the solution
What is the difference between systems analysis and systems design?
system analysis is the deep study of the existing new system. It is the technique that improves the system and ensures that all the components of the system work efficiently to accomplish their purpose.
System design is a way of planning a new system or replacing an existing system by defining its components to fulfil specific requirements.
List and briefly describe the five activities of systems analysis.
- Collect complete information: The data must be collected in the beginning, and it should be complete. After the complete information is collected it must be discussed with the team members to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Define requirements: The information should be gathered properly and defined using case diagrams and class diagrams.
- Prioritize requirements: after the requirements is clear requirements must be prioritised as per the need of the user so that it would be easier to the developer about the requirements of the project.
- Develop user interface: After everything is ready system should be developed.
- Evaluate the requirements: the project team must evaluate if the users’ requirements are achieved with the new development or not.
What is the purpose of a Work Breakdown Structure?
The purpose of a work breakdown structure is to breakdown a project into different small stages so that it can be effectively estimated and supervised.
What is the purpose of the system development life cycle (SDLC)? List all the phases of SDLC.
The purpose of the system development life cycle (SDLC) is to allow the user to build and maintain a computer-based information system. The following are the phases of SDLC:
Also Read: What is kernel in OS?